OPCC Registration (excluding Nursery School)
• Online registration in OPCC programs is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Forms dropped off in person or sent by fax or mail will be processed in an indiscriminate order.
• Notification of registration dates will be emailed to you if you have joined our free email list (and not unsubscribed yourself) and posted on site previous to the opening of registration.
• Registrations are accepted online, by fax, by mail or in person.
• For free programs not requiring registration, there is no limit on the amount you may attend although program rooms do have a set capacity that must be adhered to. OPCC reserves the right to deny parents/caregivers entry to a program after the room capacity has been reached. Please note: drop in programs have different age restrictions (see the Drop In Schedule on our website for details).
• Space permitting, you may register for as many different paid programs as you wish.
• For safety reasons, siblings over 6 months old are not allowed in the classroom during Programs for Families. If you prefer, babies up to 6 months old may be worn in the program. Some Parenting Education & Support classes and workshops offer childcare in our preschool and nursery rooms. If you prefer, babies up to 6 months can accompany parents in the program.
• We cannot allow a child to leave the Centre with someone you have not authorized. Your child’s teacher must be notified by a parent/guardian if a child is to be released to another adult.
• School age children will not be permitted to participate in our programs on school holidays or P.A. days.
• Remember to register all adults and children participating in the program including any children requiring care (if applicable) during a program. Any children not yet born but will be participating in a future program may be registered with the first name “baby’ and due date for birthdate.
• OPCC will not administer any medication (prescription or non-prescription i.e. Benadryl, Tempra, etc.), except in the event a child requires emergency medication in response to an allergic or life threatening condition. If your child has an epi-pen or rescue reliever inhaler, please contact OPCC’s main office to complete the required forms. This package must be completed before your child can start in the program. If there are any changes in a child’s medical condition, it is the parent’s responsibility to contact OPCC immediately. OPCC, at the discretion of the Executive Director, may refuse to undertake responsibility for administering medications or procedures, which staff does not have the expertise to administer.
• OPCC takes pride in offering our programs to all children, regardless of the level of their need. All children, newborn to 6 years, are welcomed into our programs and our staff promotes inclusive social play and full participation in routines and activities in the classroom.
• All necessary information and payment (if applicable) must be completed and submitted before registration will be confirmed.
• Any cheques that are returned (NSF etc.) are subject to a $20 administration fee.
• Refunds and changes are only available if requested 5 business days before the start of the program. A $25.00 administration fee is charged for all refund and change requests. This excludes nursery school programs. There are no refunds for programs less than $25.
• All refunds will be issued by cheque including those payments made by Visa or MasterCard online.
• We would like ALL families to have the opportunity to participate in all of our programs. If you would like to discuss the payment options available to you or if you require a fee subsidy, please call the North Service Road office at 905-849-6366 and speak to a Program Manager.
• If you are ill or will be absent from your program please contact our main office at 905-849-6366 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Families who are absent for more than 2 consecutive weeks without contacting OPCC may lose their space in the program.
• Excellent programs may be cancelled if people wait until the last minute to register. All programs need to be cost effective and cannot run if there are not enough participants. Please register early to avoid disappointment. If necessary, we will notify you of the cancellation as soon as possible.
• Please ensure you have so that you can receive notification regarding closures. Oakville Parent-Child Centre will be closed if the Halton District School Board cancels transportation and/or closes the schools for the Oakville area due to weather conditions. You can check their website for the up-to-date information at, listen to your local radio station, watch CHCH television station. However, on days that school is scheduled to be closed (P.A. Days, Saturdays) Oakville Parent-Child centre will make the decision to close based on weather conditions and send out an email advising so. OPCC also posts closure information on and (@OPCC). Parents will not be reimbursed for cancellations due to weather conditions.
• We also follow the Halton District School Board’s scheduled closures for two weeks at Christmas and one week at March Break. The Centre is closed for all statutory holidays. There are no fee reductions for any of these closures.
• For paid programs, in the event that OPCC needs to cancel a class, we will attempt to make up the class or a refund will apply for the class. There will be no make up classes for free programs. For paid programs, if a program is closed to circumstances beyond our control and an alternative room is not available, parents will be reimbursed for each day the class is cancelled with the exception of the first day the program room is closed. We will try our best to relocate programs if necessary.
- The information being collected is for the sole use of OPCC (including its staff and representatives) and may be used to communicate with you. Personal information will not be shared or sold to any third parties, without your consent, except in instances where we are required to do so in accordance with health and safety requirements or other legal obligations.
• To register online, browse the program section in our online registration system or the Program Guide found on OPCC’s website www.op-cc.ca
• You must create an account online in order to register for programs.
• It is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that the information contained in the account is kept up-to date (eg. new medications, changes to contact information, etc.).
• Only one account is permitted per family and all information in the account must be accurate and true. If multiple accounts are created or information in the account is found to be untrue, the family may have all of their programs deleted for the season. Please contact the office if you have any questions or unique circumstances, so we can guide you with how to set up your account and register for programs.
• Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard.
• Upon completion of the “check out” procedure, you will receive a confirmation and an information sheet by email. The information sheet will provide you with details specific to arrival and pick up of your child, clothing and health care policies.
• You may waitlist yourself for programs online. Please indicate whether you require childcare/nursery care for the program. If a spot opens up, you will be registered automatically for free programs. You will be notified of the registration by email. If a spot opens up in a paid program that you are waitlisted for, you will be contacted by phone or email prior to the completion of registration. Please remove yourself from waitlists if you no longer are interested in registering for the program.
• Cancellation of programs may be done by contacting us at 905-849-6366.
Registration in person, by mail or fax:
• To register in person, by mail or fax, pick up registration forms from any of our locations or download the registration forms from our website www.op-cc.ca Completed forms and payment (where necessary) may be dropped off or mailed to:
OPCC – Registrations
461 North Service Road West, Unit 17
Oakville, ON L6M 2V5
or fax to 905-849-6377
• Forms may be submitted prior to the start of registration date. This does not confirm registration in the requested programs. Processing of these forms will begin at the opening of registration in an indiscriminate order.
• Registration confirmations will be sent within one week of processing. You will be emailed or mailed a confirmation letter and an information sheet. The information sheet will provide you with details specific to arrival and pick up of your child, clothing and health care policies.
• Any programs requested but not included in the confirmation were full prior to processing your registration and you have been placed on the waiting list.
• Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, debit, cheque or cash.
• If you submit payment but the program(s) you are requesting is full, you will be refunded by cheque.
• For faxed registrations, please complete the Credit Card form and fax in with registration forms.
• Make cheques payable to Oakville Parent-Child Centre or OPCC.
• Any cheques that are returned (NSF etc.) are subject to a $20 administration fee.
• Registrations cannot be done over the phone.
• Any forms received after the start of registration are subject to availability at the time they are received.